Friday, December 10, 2010

Growing Old

I used to want to die young, like in my 20s. Yet growing older has me appreciating things I couldn't have as a young person. The decline of physical strength takes the view of life towards a more humble and hopefully tolerant, direction. A trivial but of personal importance thing is that I've also learned to watch, listen, and understand movies and music that I would have never wanted or been able to to before. Good examples are the Westerns by Sergio Leone, certain pieces by Ennio Morricone.

I guess it is fair to say that when younger, one enjoys adventures, and when older, one still enjoys adventure--but reflected and inward-looking ones.

It's fun, seeing how oneself being shaped by time and space, and the ways decisions are made accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment